optima plus 2 burglar alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My alarm went off one morning and is now flashing A and the tamper light is flashing. I have changed the fuse. Can anyone help.

Sponsored Links
Hello, yes I do have a panic button. Do I have to disconnect that circuit.
Thank you for your help.
Annerthon

Sponsored Links
Hi , your panic button has its own tamper circuit which appears to be at fault , you can either investigate why it is faulty , or bypass it with a small link at the panel.The PA and its tampers are grouped together.

Thank you, I will see what I can do tomorrow and let you know how I get on.I thought I was going to have to install a new alarm.

Check the HUB hasnt been knocked by you or a cleaner and is sitting straight.
The check the cable, remove all mains from panel and test the HUD circuit.
Fix and replace cover reconnect mains and enter code.

Any new carpets new beds been fitted?

BTW if unsure and you open the panel if you touch the mains ( see above) you could die.

Hi , your panic button has its own tamper circuit which appears to be at fault ,
.... which could also be connected to many other tampers all over the place.

Gets done to save cables but still gives tamper protection elsewhere.

Europlex,
if i remember rightly the optama 2 plus has seperate tampers for each circuit/zone?

so looping out the PA circuit, could fix the problem?

Many thanks to you all. My son-in-law was able to look at the wiring diagram on the box and find the panic alarm tamper circuit, which was on the same circuit as the inside bell. He was able to bypass this and my alarm is now up and running. :)

Many thanks to you all. My son-in-law was able to look at the wiring diagram on the box and find the panic alarm tamper circuit, which was on the same circuit as the inside bell. He was able to bypass this and my alarm is now up and running. :)
... so the problem is with the tamper return from the, inside? bell then, going to fix it?

I knew I was right :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back