Help required wiring in new bell box (link in tamper feed)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

I’ll be attempting to change my existing bell box (sorry, I don’t know the model and/or manufacturer) with a newly purchased ‘Pyronik belle’ bell box.

Maybe things will be a lot clearer to me once I dismantle the current box and have a look at how it’s wired in, however, I won’t be attempting this until the weekend and looking over the instructions there’s a section which is already somewhat confusing me (see link).

//www.diynot.com/network/nv_london/albums/7789/30501

Basically, the instructions state that the ‘tamper feed’ ought to be linked in to the 0V or 12V contact.

So my questions are:

Am I correct in my understanding of this? I.e. do I actually need to do this? (I would have thought so, otherwise it wouldn't be part of the instructions!) But I just don't know 'how' to link them in. (By the way, I’ll only be contecting this one sounder/bell box, no others).

So really my question is, 'how' do I ‘link’ it across? (Do I use a separate wire/cable which isn’t included with the box, if so, which wire? Does it matter if I go to 0V or 12V?).

(Like I said, this may make a lot more sense to me once I remove the old box and look inside, as this too will probably have the ‘tamper feed’ linked across? However, for the time being, any help/advice would be much appreciated).

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Link the negative into the TF as it says.

If we knew what the panel was we could help furter.

Sponsored Links
From HO- put a wire from there to the TF.

A link in other words.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back