Decking looking shabby since bad weather.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Spent some time in the garden today since weather was quite warm.
A large portion of my garden is decked and is looking rough & slippy since the bad weather.
Last summer I used a Ronseal stain to protect. Looks blotchy now
I've read on here about jetwashing first and stain not preffered.
Can anyone recommend any oil/stain/treatment.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Decking is for boats not gardens. what a waste of good wood.

Following on from that most helpful of replies, I always use oils, not stains on decks. To remove a stained finish can be tricky - jet washing can do it, but you can also damage the grain of the wood too. Is it flaking off? Check the blotchiness when the wood is bone dry to see how bad it really is.

i just do not see the point in decking. loads of posts about slippery decking.

Sponsored Links
I am sure you hold a valid opinion but why waste time posting that when the OP had a question about grubby decking? Why complicate threads?

ok best thing to do with it is rip it up and stand on the grass.

Cheers wabbitpoo i didn't know jetwashing could damage the grain, thanks for that info.
I suppose when it is bone dry it is not really that bad, you have to look close to see the blotchiness.
So would you recommend oiling it when we have dry weather or take a chance on jetwashing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back