Recommended wireless alarm system for diy install

Not selling as I don't 'sell' the product , no margin in that.
I can't get my head around that you are charging to fit a DiY system.

Duh, it's DiY, still, I suppose this means that it is too difficult for the DiY market to which it is sold, or perhaps it has something to do with the area, oop north

Sponsored Links
Ok lets say that the neighbour has good eyesight and that he has called the police and he can see that in both these homes there appears to be some evidence of a break in.

So which alarm or home do the police respond to now?

Let me answer that for you . . . . BOTH!

Not true in all cases.

Alarms that annoy with frequent false alarms will be ignored by both neighbours and police.

An alarm that does not false alarm is more likely to be reported by a neighbour as soon as it starts ( intruders possibly on premises ) and this will have a better chance of police attendance.

If a call is made by landline then its instant providing of course the landine is working correctly.
When a text is sent then there are possible delays or dropouts due to signal coverage or congestion at the provider. (ever tried texting on new years night?)
Like i said, a red herring. You're using fear/worry as a tool to advance the product you sell against another product you are not expert in.

You know full well that if you fitted a visonic to NSI standards for insurance approval there is no way the insurance company would accept the alarm plugged into a socket.

You do actually understand the regs yourself don't you?
Your first para is incorrect.
Sorry, but it looks like you may need to read them yourself.
Or, please show where it says plugs are NOT allowed.

Sponsored Links
EN50131 (ALL PARTS)

READ IT !
this is what we do, we fit systems to a set of regulations, albeit governed by people who really do not have a clue, IMO.

also you could look at BS7671

and a few others that we have copies of

but to be perfectly honest,
if the OP wants an alarm, and does not want to go down the route of having one fitted by a company, so be it,
the way we do things as a installation company are different.

we get asked about DIY systems and we always ask them a few basic questions.

is it a requirement of your insurance company

if so, you will require a certificate of conformity AND a maintenance agreement, (and loads of other paperwork as well)

but if it does not have to be to insurance requirements, well if they want they can fit what they want.

to me its just another blank white or any other colour alarm box outside a building, (sometimes fitted by a sparky, who thinks he can fit alarms).

and if it goes wrong????

look in the mirror and shout at the person who fitted it !!!!

if we fit it, we maintain it, we service, we have a dedicated maintenance team, we have a dedicated install team, and then there is me, who owns the outfit, and also fits, maintains and does the job every day of my life.

so if you want to fit it yourself, GO FOR IT
if you don't, get three quotes, talk to you friends, ask questions.
do not be fobbed off !!!

Oasis

PS any body want a slightly used soapbox????

Actually the Visonnic is graded with a plug.
Just dont know who fits it with it.
Fitted hundreds not used the plug yet.

Also another point mentioned, how is someone fitting a DIY product and charging for it?

I don't know if you have already chosen an alarm, but I have an AEI SG4000 system. Itis fully wireless and comes complete with sensors, control panel, solar powered siren box and will ring you should your alarm go off so that you can listen into the house to find out if its intruders or just one of your kids who have typed the code incorrectly.
Its a really good system.
I got mine online from a company called solar security solutions and it came with free delivery.

I can't get my head around that you are charging to fit a DiY system.
Duh, it's DiY, still, I suppose this means that it is too difficult for the DiY market to which it is sold, or perhaps it has something to do with the area, oop north
europlank you really have gone too far . How can someone who admits he ant understand something then claim northermers are thick

Did you consider that there are many many reasons that people ask me to fit one before you jumped to the conclusion that it must be because they must be too difficult to fit for the people 'oop north'

wnat about people paying to have tneir grass cut or cars washed or dogs shampood or . . . . . . . . Well you get the picture except a badly cut lawn or a badly wasshed car is just that . . . . A badly fitted alarm is no alarm at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back