Selling photos

I

imamartian

Anyone submitted any photos on these public available sites? iStock? photobox?

Can you make any money?
I heard the best way to make money (as an amateur) is sending your favourite pics to magazines.. (and praying)!

Sponsored Links
Personally no but some people who have given lectures at the photography club have sold their images.

Of course anything you submit needs a watermark to ensure people do contact you for an original.

However most of the mags require you to wave your rights so as to mags that does not seem the right approach.

Those who have sold images are very good and have not even sold enough to cover the equipment never mind their time. However once they have become know then commissions have followed.

Llinos Lanini a very good Welsh Lady photographer has said how it has slowly grown so she can now make a living at photography but she did say being a Welsh speaker and female likely also helped.

If you look here you will see some of her work. I only wish I was half as good as her. She says on her web site this image
defed_A2.jpg
'DEFAID BWLCH y GROES' -Winning entry in Daily Telegraph competition led to commission for Singapore Tourist Board.

Look at what she does and think she only just makes it pay. And see how many competitions she has won.

Of course you may be better than her. If so could we get you to lecture at out club?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back