What is it I need? (Other than help lol)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have just spent the best part of an hour putting a bracket and TV on the wall however the aerial I have doesnt fit the TV and not sure what it is I need.

The aerial I have comes down from the loft and used to plug into the sky box - got rid of the sky box some time ago and just bought a new tv with freeview.

The TV has an RF socket but the aerial from the loft doesnt fit. Hoping I can just get an adapter.

I am going to try and attach the pics....

Appreciate any assistance - I am female (and 9 months pregnant I may add - shelves yesterday, tv today - pretty pleased with myself!)

Sponsored Links
The photo's a bit fuzzy but I think the cable has an F plug and the TV has a UHF/Belling Lee/coax (same thing different names) socket.

You can either get an adapter eg
this or buy a coax plug and fit it to the cable.

The photo's a bit fuzzy but I think the cable has an F plug and the TV has a UHF/Belling Lee/coax (same thing different names) socket.

You can either get an adapter eg
this or buy a coax plug and fit it to the cable.

HOWEVER if the lead is from a satellite dish to a Sky box then - unless your TV has in-built satellite decoder - it won't work.

Have you actually got a TV aerial?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back