"Phone Block Terminal" for Alarm System

pkh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am having an alarm system installed and the security company has said that they require a "block terminal" to be set near the control panel. I am not sure what this means. I've read through the posts on this forum and wonder if the "block terminal" is the BT master socket.
Alternatively, is it the same socket as the one to which the phone extension on the first floor is plugged in to.
I've read here that it is illegal to fiddle with the BT master socket. Does the same apply to the extesion socket. And if the "Block terminal" is the same thing, can i just move the extension socket near the alarm control panel.

Thanks in advance,

PK

Sponsored Links
this should have been ordered from you Telecoms provider

i gathered hat your system will be a monitored system?

some engineers, (ourselves as well) fit our own 92A (block terminal) on the clients existing line, (domestic)

your Telecoms provider will most probably charge in the range of £100 plus to fit one.
you can fit it yourself, and yes you can buy them from Maplins etc, if you run the cable from your master socket to the panel, and ask the engineer nicely, he or she might connect it for you.

all you can do is ask, depends really on the engineer and the company if its Aunt Daisy, some will and some wont.

• Thanks
Reactions: pkh
Thats quite helpful. When i called BT customer service, they just ordered me a new phone line at £140 plus line rental.

Just to be sure, this 92A is not the extension socket?

Thanks,
PK

Sponsored Links
Rather a line box and block terminal myself.
Or do as I did and make up a croc clip arrangement for the phone butt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back