First bathroom project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

Hope you don't mind me posting my first ever housing DIY project - I might need some help!

I intend just to post what I have done so far - is it ok to ask for advice along the way? I don't want to break any etiquette rule on my first post..

In a nut shell I have recently purchased my first home and it requires a fair bit of DIY work - the bathroom is my most pressing project as it is a mess quite frankly..! :eek:

I have to be a frugle as possible really, as the whole house needs time and cashing spending on it so I am aiming to recycle as much as I can to keep the costs as small as possible while trying to get a reasonable end result. - It's never going to look super posh / brilliant, but I do want it to look reasonable :)

Don't laugh! The story so far...

- I have replace the toilet seat and scrubbed off 4 tons of lime scale off both toilet and sink - I am going to reuse both of these items
- Today and yesterday I have been tackling replacing my taps on my sink – unfortunately I was unable to remove one of the taps so I had to remove the whole sink in the end (bend with your knees kids! - sore back..)

Pictures to follow:-

I am really interested to know how to fill the gaps around the plaster board?

And whether I can simply rotate the soil stack as I intend moving the loo..

Sponsored Links
Pictures

DSCF3406.jpg

DSCF3405.jpg

forum3.jpg

forum2.jpg

forum1.jpg

In the spirit of this forum, I will continue to update this post with information on how I achieved the end result (when I get there :) - and the gotcha's! I discovered along the way to try and help other newbies from tripping similarly :)

Sponsored Links
Sorry guys - I had pretty much give up on this forum due to lack of responses etc.

Progress is very slow as I am having to learn all this from scratch - last weekend I removed all the old tile adhesive and the section of old tiles at the back of the bath room:-

DSCF3428.jpg

For those who don't know, to remove tile adhesive you need a hot air gun, a scraper and plenty of patience!

Next I need to finish the tiles on the left hand wall and figure out how to move the toilet :)

You could try and post your queries in the relevant forums for more or at least some advice :) Good luck with the project, dont rush anything, take your time, work at a pace that suits you and you can have a professional finish.

As 1John has said - I doesn't look like many people read this board, therefore if you are looking for advice you would be better off posting in the Plumbing section.

Thanks for the advice - I certainly am going to take my time as it is all completely new to me :)

Sorry, I will try posting questions in the correct forum topic - thanks for your support :D

wondering how your project has gone...did you moved this thread somewhere or posted an update on a blog.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back