Flipping and rotating digital photos

I

imamartian

I've scanned in quite a large number of negatives. But it turns out that a lot of them need rotating 90deg, and most of them need flipping over as they're mirror images of the original picture.

Can anyone suggest any method/software to do this en mass? The software i have with my camera will rotate but not flip them, and software from one of my kids' cameras will flip them but only one at a time..

Sponsored Links
Thumbs Plus will do it as it has a batch converter. It is quite expensive but if you only need to use it once the free trial might suffice

may be a bit of a late reply, but The GIMP will certainly be able to do this - it's open source (free). And probably has a batch function too.

What format did you use to save your scans?

Remember that if you re-save .jpeg files multiple times, you will get some degradation in quality as the compression algorithms are re-applied each save.

Sponsored Links
may be a bit of a late reply, but The GIMP will certainly be able to do this - it's open source (free). And probably has a batch function too.

What format did you use to save your scans?

Remember that if you re-save .jpeg files multiple times, you will get some degradation in quality as the compression algorithms are re-applied each save.

Thanks, grateful for any reply.

Saved 'em as jpg. Will heed your advice, ta.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back