Renault Trafic Won't Start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,had this van 7 year's not one problem.
Today switch ignition on,red engine warning light come's on, try to start engine won't start then this warning light start's flashing. Any idea's please, thank's Gavin

Sponsored Links
Had a the same problem on a Y reg (2000) model turned out to be the immobiliser was charged £132 + vat buy Renault to repair it

Hello Mate . just seen your post I have a 03 Plate Trafic (55k) had the same Problem , got RAC out to sort , couldnt get the Diagnostics to hook up with his Lappy , so I got a towin , It turned out that 2 Sensors had gone down , 1 on the Crankshaft and 1 on the Camshaft (?) , basically they tell the ECU that the Engine is turning , so send Fuel to the Injectors etc

Cost £55 each plus about £100 for diagnostic check

Been ok since about 15k later

Lucky

hi, does anyone have the resistance readings for the cam and crank sensor too see if they have or are failing??

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If it's the red 'dot' in the middle of the dash that's flashing or staying on, it's not going to be a problem with your crank or cam sensors, it's an immobiliser fault. Check all your fuses, then lightly scrape the key on the ground to earth out any static build up in the key's electronics. Switch on the ignition, and leave it on for about 15 minutes, or until the light goes out. It should then start. Have you tried it with another key ??

If it's the red 'dot' in the middle of the dash that's flashing or staying on, it's not going to be a problem with your crank or cam sensors, it's an immobiliser fault. Check all your fuses, then lightly scrape the key on the ground to earth out any static build up in the key's electronics. Switch on the ignition, and leave it on for about 15 minutes, or until the light goes out. It should then start. Have you tried it with another key ??

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Red dot on dash isn't staying on!
I have only 1 key for it since i purchased it 2 years ago!
It's running today fine!! Don't understand it, it's been standing for two days and now it's fine, but it's done this before????

I would get another key cut and programmed, because if you lose the one you have, you will be in big trouble. They are expensive, possibly around the £100 mark. With regard to your immobiliser problem, fingers crossed eh ???

I would get another key cut and programmed, because if you lose the one you have, you will be in big trouble. They are expensive, possibly around the £100 mark. With regard to your immobiliser problem, fingers crossed eh ???

i will get a key sorted ;) lol

It wouldn't start again this evening, i can hear 3 clicks when i turn ignition on coming from the diesel tank??? pump or relay you think ????

turned ignition on and off a few times then started! yeehhhhh... lol

Hi, Have had a beat up W reg Movano 2800 td for a couple of years and have only had one key for it, one thst doesn't have any buttons on it. Any way a couple of days ago it refused to start on cranking it with twjh key and in fact the immob warning light becomes solid ie stops flashing.
Am sorry to have hijacked / revived an old thread but it's only a few days old.
Am in Brum and would ideally like to have the immob bypassed. If any one can point to a reliable bloke in this neck of the woods I'd be very grateful

Hi, Have had a beat up W reg Movano 2800 td for a couple of years and have only had one key for it, one thst doesn't have any buttons on it. Any way a couple of days ago it refused to start on cranking it with twjh key and in fact the immob warning light becomes solid ie stops flashing.
Am sorry to have hijacked / revived an old thread but it's only a few days old.
Am in Brum and would ideally like to have the immob bypassed. If any one can point to a reliable bloke in this neck of the woods I'd be very grateful

Hi I have 02 trafic and am also having problems. Do you poss know where the crank sensor is as I have spent 6 hours trying to find. Thanks wayne

It's not possible to by-pass the immobiliser system without a major rewire. However, it is possible to plug a diagnostic type laptop into some vehicles which will disable the immobiliser circuits. Not sure if your Movano of Trafic is suitable for this. You would have to ask an expert locksmith who had this type of equipment.

Sponsored Links
Back