External Sounder on floodlight Pir

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a floodlight in my garden and wondering, if I could also attach some sort of sound with it. So every time light comes on due to movement in the garden, a sound (Alarm) starts as a deterrent. IS there such a thing available?

Am I being too extreme here?

Sponsored Links
I think that is extreme,

everytime a cat or fox goes through your garden an alarm will go off

your neighbours will love you

agreed, it could be a problem however if your still interested in doing the siren thing what you do is run another cable back in the house from pir-lamp, you connect the earth and netural to the correct terminals however you connent the live retun feed on the lamp switch terminal, usually white. the other end of the cable in the house/shed/garage etc wire up a mains socket and then plug in a 12 volt power supply then run a 12 volt siren off that. this allows you to turn the siren off if there was ever a problem as you can unplug it too

Or much better, replace what you have with sighting system that is designed to do exactly what you are looking for.

There are ones that will sound inside or out, or both

By the way, forget the cat / fox scenario, if set-up correctly there should not be too much of a problem.

Sponsored Links
Or much better, replace what you have with sighting system that is designed to do exactly what you are looking for.

There are ones that will sound inside or out, or both

By the way, forget the cat / fox scenario, if set-up correctly there should not be too much of a problem.

Thanks. Can you give me a link for the product? I can't seem to find anything.

Not exactly what I had in mind when I first answered but this is damn good kit, very flexible, worth having a good look at.

http://gjd.co.uk/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back