C&K Alarm panel question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our C&K alarm panel is not in day mode i.e the amber day lamp is off.

The green mains lamp is lit and the house sensors show red when activated.

I cannot set the alarm - the key pad lights up and the numbers 'beep' but the alarm cannot be set or the panel reset.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
This can be caused by a few different problems. Although the keypad seems to be working, it does have power and keys are responding to being pressed, the keypad isn't not communicating with the panel.

The panel CPU may be in a non-running state. This may have been caused by a long power outage allowing the battery voltage to get too low to run the panel. When mains power is restored, the CPU is stuck in its bad state.

If the panel has Non Volatile Memory onboard, then it may be reset by disconnecting the mains supply and internal battery then reconnecting the mains supply and the internal battery.

Please be aware that there are High Voltages within the control panel and you should only attempt this if you are competent to do so.

Cheers.

If the panel comes to life after the reset, then you may want to replace the battery if its over a few years old.

Thanks for replying.

The reset of the nvm did not work. We get the panel serviced every year - it was serviced three weeks ago. We don't have the warranty - just a service.

The company said the PCB is knackered - which I believe now.

They are quoting £145 plus VAT for a new panel.

I found the 800l at cpc farnell for £53 - I've ordered it and will swap the pcb.

I have worked with electronics in the past - I have an anti static wrist strap for the swap.

Any further advice will be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Get a different panel :D

Scantronic 9651 gives you more options.
About £62 quid plus vat.

Or a Veritas R8.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back