Indesit Oven FI 31 KB IX will not come on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two days ago the cooker would not come on and so far have been unable to find the cause.

It is powered through the same wall switch as the hob...and the hob works fine.

There is mains power into the unit and if I bypass the thermo switch that runs the cooling fan (not internal oven convection fan) then that cooling fan starts up.

When I turn the function selector switch into the oven position or grill position..nothing happens..no light neon, fan ...nothing. Both elements have infinite resistance to ground ( not shorted to earth) and both have 30Ω or so between terminals..so elements seem to check out.

No contacts seem to be burned in any way

Thermo switch in back of oven is showing continuinity

What is going on here?

Sponsored Links
No, nothing as simple as that...there is a simple clockwork time reminder...but no electrical connection it is just a clockwork 'egg timer' that rings a bell

I can only think that the selector switch is faulty or there is no live connection to the selector switch.

Sponsored Links
Selector switch maybe...but there is live power into the selector switch, AND out the other side, to the element and light,

There is voltage on both ends of the element,,so it is not connecting to neutral somewhere, So mains voltage both ends of the element and back up the wiring back to the switch..
I can trace back to the selector, but then ....not sure...It is all buttoned up again and back in the unit for now.

Possibly something on the neutral side, but it affects everything except for the cooling fan which is on it own circuit, separate from the selector switch.

No grill, no light, no convection fan or heat element, but cooling fan which is single circuit from live in, through a thermoswitch and back to Neutral out...works fine.

So yes it does point to the selector switch...but nothing appears wrong with it...no burnt plastic, all contacts look clean.
I have removed it, labeled up the wires, given a blast with leccy contact cleaner spray and re asembled...still no joy.

So possibly something on the switch that has sheared clean off and dissapeared??? But all terminals that are connected do make/break to at least some of the others as the selector is rotated.

If I could find the correct switching sequence, then I would stand a chance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back