What's a better deterrent CCTV or Alarm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I mention DIY, you nugget.

Seems you have a issue with someone more informed than yourself.
Next time when you ask a question specifically say I am not to respond.
Otherwise as I sometimes do is look at the posters name and just help.

Pull your head out of your backside and take a look around, your the only one being insulting.

May you live in intresting times.

Sponsored Links
Is it worth a DIY system, if so be

Do you actually read your OWN posts!

Everything I have asked has been about CCTV and whether or they are worth it in relation to an alarm I did not mention
Perimeter security
Lighting
Or any of the handy tips you have groaned on about in numerous of my posts

You are like that Harry Enfield character ' ONLY ME' and go off on these long winded tangents no one wanted to hear in the first place

I`ll give you that one about DIY, must have been thinking about your work and posts in general.

Hows the blood pressure?

I know all the preventive stuff, just wanted to know if CCTV was worth it
A key question is, do YOU think it is worth it?

The issue is clouded by what sort of system you put in place. Cheap and under specced or well specced, dogs danglies?

Well the question was more as a general rule for an average home, rather than getting into forensic detail about the spec of the system, lets assume a reasonable one generally thought as good enough for the job.

If I knew I wouldn't ask the question, like I said I see lots of alarms on houses but rarely CCTV, therefore I would assume the popular perception its that they are not worth the bother, but is that perception true?

If billy burglar thinks twice about an alarm will he think 3 times if he sees CCTV?

if everyone has an alarm and good perimeter security how long before they lose the deterrent effect and the scum have a go anyway
How long is a piece of string?

Decent systems do deter and are effective.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back