Gardtec Eurosec CPX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, when i bought this house 3 years ago, the builders had installed the gardtec CPX as the alarm.
Ive got 8 wireless pir's around the house, but it looks like the batteries are now in need of replacement. In the unset mode can i just take the covers off the pir's for battery replacement or will it set the main alarm off - i.e tamper ccts? If it does how can i completely inhibit the sounders, to enable battery replacement? :unsure:

Sponsored Links
Hi, when i bought this house 3 years ago, the builders had installed the gardtec CPX as the alarm.
Ive got 8 wireless pir's around the house, but it looks like the batteries are now in need of replacement. In the unset mode can i just take the covers off the pir's for battery replacement or will it set the main alarm off - i.e tamper ccts? If it does how can i completely inhibit the sounders, to enable battery replacement? :unsure:
Do you have the engineer code?

The only code i have is the 4 digit one to set & unset the system, & cant find any reference to the engineers code in any of the documentation.
Bit concerned here, as i dont think the installers are still in business>>

Remove a lid from a detector, then go to panel and enter your user code.
Go around and change all the batteries, finally enter code again.

That should be it, unless of course it is on engineer reset for tamper.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back