Yale 6400 Alarm Remote Features (Listening In...)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I piggybacked on another tread to ask this question but did not receive a reply so i thought id start a new thread.

I've seen in various places online that with the Yale 6400 it is possible to listen into your home using the panels inbuilt microphone. How do you do this? I've looked everywhere but all I can find are the instructions (from the manual) i've pasted below. Have I missed something? Is this actually possible?

Many thanks

----------------------------------------

Remote Access
The control unit allows you to control your system
remotely through the telephone line.

1 Dial the phone number associated with the Control
panel.

2 Hang up on the first ring.

3 Wait 5-10 seconds.

4 Dial the number again.

5 The control unit will answer the phone on the first
ring of that second call.

6 Enter your PIN Code within 3 seconds.

7 If the PIN code is correct, you will hear a long
beep. A list of different functions is detailed below:

Press 2 Put the system into away armed mode (arm

the system).

Press 3 Disarm the system.

Press 5 Checking the system status. Long single

beep for Away Armed, two beeps for Disarmed and
three beeps for Home Armed.

Press 7 Siren on.

Press 8 Siren off.

Press 9 or 0 Disconnect.

Sponsored Links
You may or may not be able to listen in.

Some panels have the feature and some panels don't. I suppose its a supplier issue.

To find out whether yours has the feature is quite simple.

Take control of your alarm remotely as described above but after putting in your pin code and hearing the confirmation beep instead of the numbers you have listed above press number 1.

If your panel is compatible you will be able to listen in to your home now through your phone.

The feature may have been removed as it does not have an option to stop listening in and this can sometimes prevent your subsequent button presses from working as the line is grabbed.

Hi Yealeguy3,

Many thanks for your reply. I guess thats why theres not much info about it. Mine is a brand new panel so it may have been removed. I will give it a try and see.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Hi, Yealeguy3

It worked!!

It took me a few days to be able to test it because there was an issue with the phone line.

Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back