Amplifiers for telephone??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

This would be my first post here, I'll cut to the chase...

So project i been doing install at, someone else has installed the telephones.
Client is saying it's not clean sound, i've heard it myself it's not clean sound.
I had a look at connections they're all fine but have noticed that the points are all wired in alarm cable :eek:

I usually use CAT5 when doing myself, alarm cable is multi core is that reason as to why it sounds poor?

Is there a way filtering or using some kind of noise reduction on the lines?
Also if i do, will i have to also somehow amplify it?

would be much obliged to get some feedback on this as i would prefer to do my due dilligence before ripping out a whole system and damaging walls for someone else's mistakes.

Ta

Sponsored Links
Alarm cable is not twisted pairs so noise pickup will be increased using alarm cable.

If the phone sockets are IDC then the alarm cable will not be making good connections as the wire the wrong gauge for the jaws of the connector.

The only real solution is to replace the cable with telephone cable.

Also worth checking the incoming lines at the suppliers demarcation point ( the master socket or dis board ) for quality of connection to the exchange as some of the noise may be external to the building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back