Optima Compact 6 Zone Alarm - Pet Pir's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, needing some advice I am getting a kitten and wondering whether I need to change my Pir's for the Pet Pir's I have seen on the internet, if so can anyone recommend the best ones to get that are compatible with the above alarm system and which are reliable.

How easy would it be to change them myself as my husband is totally useless at anything DIY.

Some advice on how to go about changing them would really be appreciated. :D

Sponsored Links
Simplest, cheapest & best thing to do is to restrict the kitten to an area that does not have a detector. Kitchen, utility room etc.

Seems hard I know but it works, the cat doesn't mind (even better as it is a kitten, will learn easily) as long as there is food & bedding.
Dirt box or cat flap, the choice is yours.

I would do but the area the kitten will be in is open plan and once it becomes a fully grown cat I would like it to have the free roam of the house. :)

Cats leap up and cross even pet tollerent detectors.
Some decent ones should be okay if sited correctly, and the positioning of your old ones will not probably take this into account.

I like the old way chuck the cat out go to work.
Or Velcro, tie good piece to cat, in hall glue and pin another to a wall out of site of detector. As you leave, grab cat chuck at wall and peel off on return.

Seriously its down to siting, not near stairs or looking at the bannisters, away from radiators and long drap curtains.

Draw a plan of the house/flat, we can show where would be best.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back