Yale HSA6400 - Zone types

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got the 6400 kit plus some extra sensors & a keypad, read thro the manual & watched the video.
Can some one explain the difference between ENTRY zone & AWAY ENTRY zone.
I am thinking that AWAY ENTRY is for down stairs PIRs as they do not ding dong chime when triggered unlike ENTRY, however my confusion is it says they are ignored when Home Armed, which makes them useless at night?
Any replys would be greatly appreciated
Pete

Sponsored Links
I have never used that feature in hundreds of installs.

just program to entry instead and you will be fine.

you speak of using entry for PIRs.

Use door sensor on your entry door(s), and set that as an entry sensor. Not a PIR.

thanks for replys.
Downstairs I am using a sensor on the front door leading into the hallway but also a pir above to cover the other 2 doors leading into the hall.
At the rear I will have contacts on the 2 french doors & a PIR to cover the 3 windows in the same room, the french doors open out so I am hoping they will not clash with the PIRS.
Pete

Sponsored Links
point the PIR so that it does not catch someone coming through the door (otherwise you will get interference with both signalling together)

PIRs are better not pointing at windows anyway as you may get sunlight problems. You want them so they are pointing across direction of travel, not so a person is walking towards them.

In a hall you might be able to position it to catch anyone going up or down the stairs as well as along the hall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back