Sensor to protect bay window roof.........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Ok, this may be a long shot but i need a sensor/pir that will trigger my alarm when the thieving scum who attempted to steal my lead from my bay window roof returns. Which im sure they will for a second go.

Any of you guys any ideas? I know cctv would do a certain job but i really would like to be alerted so i could have a word myself.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Maybe a small GJD unit, will be cheaper than optex.
Elite range for your needs.

Sponsored Links
Nah but the 2nd relay can be used to unlock the dog flap and unleash the hounds of hell!!!!

Actually did that yrs ago, country house big dog, large dog flap. Prox tag built into dog collar which released the flap. Used a solenoid bolt.
Strange request, but client said money no object!!!

Solder a few metal eyelets to the lead and thread a thin insulated wire trhough them such that any removel of any lead will require the thieves to break the wire. Put that into the tamper circuit of a burglar alarm. Or you can use the contacts of relay with its coil fed via the wire ( energised when the wire is NOT broken ) to operate a bell or other alarm.

paint it with grey anticlimb paint -put a small sign next to it, to that affect then they'll avoid it. That stuff makes helluva mess when you touch it.

paint it with grey anticlimb paint -put a small sign next to it, to that affect then they'll avoid it. That stuff makes helluva mess when you touch it.

Like they'll pay any attention to that.

And care to put a sign like that on your house front?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back