new boiler sign off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am just about to fit my combi boiler
i will be connecting all the water side of things
and a friend of mine has a mate who is a corgi plumber and he is going to connect the gas and check it all over
what i would like to know is what would he need to do i the way of paperwork to sign off the new boiler and keep things legale
do i have to inform anyone that i have this new boiler fitted.

Sponsored Links
If he is really CORGI registered to work for you ( and not just the Council, BG or another employer etc. ) then he will complete the Benchmark Certificate and inform CORGI under Gas Work Notification and they will inform the local Building Control Department.

Tony Glazier

Make sure that the system is cleaned fully. If not you'll have problems and the corgi chap will blame you as the installer ...!

Sponsored Links
I hope you've used a band a boiler. A mate of mine asked me to commission two lately. I couldn't do a thing for him. Our hands are tied so tight these days.

a am fitting a potterton 30he i think this is a band b
but not sure
why only a band a
please explain

Band A and B are both fine. You will also presumably be wanting him to fill in the manufacturer's guarantee registration, where you will expect him to say that he has installed the boiler and what system treatments he has carried out. If there is a problem with the boiler in a month or few, and you call out the manufacturer they may insist it is an installation problem which he should pay for.
I sometimes do safety checks on boilers shich I suspect have been diy-installed. But I won't fill in the benchmark or guarantee forms.

thanks ChrisR i hadnt thought about the guarantee but i certainly woudnt expect him to pay for anything.
i have fitted sevral boilers in the past (diy) but now with the new regs i am trying to stay within the law he is going to carge me £100 for the test and sign off and i want to make sure i get the right thing,
is it worth the trouble ?
what is the minimum i would need to get him to do ?
is a safety check the way to go ?

Yes it's worth the trouble, imho, and just get him to fill in all you can!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back