1st time install Veritas Excel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to everyone i have just joined this forum and i am a complete newbie to Alarm Installations.
I am about to install a Veritas Excell with 5 texeccom Reflex Pir's a remote keypad and text speech dialler. I have already completed the wiring, i have each pir to its own zone so 5 Pir's 5 zones.
I have read the manual a couple of times and stiil uncertain about the tamper wiring EOL or Global, but before i decide which one to go for, i am still trying to understand where the link fitted across the global system tamper is situated, according the manual there is a link fitted across the Global System Tamper to simulate a closed and should be removed during installation, where is it?
Also the diagram on P14 shows the Global System Tamp Wiring, shows the 8
zones with a the mixture of 6 core and 4 core cables alternating with what look like 5 amp block connector where all the yellow and blue wires go into .
Any help would be appreciated, sorry if its a real newbie question.

Sponsored Links
Hi to everyone i have just joined this forum and i am a complete newbie to Alarm Installations.
I am about to install a Veritas Excell with 5 texeccom Reflex Pir's a remote keypad and text speech dialler. I have already completed the wiring, i have each pir to its own zone so 5 Pir's 5 zones.
I have read the manual a couple of times and stiil uncertain about the tamper wiring EOL or Global, but before i decide which one to go for, i am still trying to understand where the link fitted across the global system tamper is situated, according the manual there is a link fitted across the Global System Tamper to simulate a closed and should be removed during installation, where is it?
Also the diagram on P14 shows the Global System Tamp Wiring, shows the 8
zones with a the mixture of 6 core and 4 core cables alternating with what look like 5 amp block connector where all the yellow and blue wires go into .
Any help would be appreciated, sorry if its a real newbie question.

Looks like i am replying and quoting myself, think i finally understand the concept of Eol wiring, but still do not understand why in the manual it refers to a link being fitted across the Global tamper system which is removed during installation, where is this link fitted ? because according to the manual you remove it for Global Tamper wiring but leave it in for EOL wiring but i cannot see it anywhere, is it a phsically installed link or are they refering to a link incorporated in the PCB board layout?
Please anyone any info, and i have searched this forum already.

Nice one on working out EOL even some numpty alarm engineers still have difficulty with that!

Your panel will have a physical link in the global tamper already.
Look in my profile album to see the picture of a PCB, Item 7 is what your looking for. There should be a wire link in there (looks like a single staple that you use to clip alarm cable ( into wood only)).
If not place one there yourself or the panel will keep coming up with faluts.
Handy little extra if your using another item for what ever reason as it then can have its own tamper!!

Hope thats as clear as mud for you:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back