gen 4 alarm entry and exit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello can anyone help me please?
I have just installed an Accent gen 4 with seperate lcd key pad.
Front door on zone 1 which is timed,hall on zone two kitchen on zone 3 living room on zone 4 and back door on zone five,Now the problem.....
I have programmed zone 1 to be timed,zone 2 to inhibit and also zone 4 to inhibit (as both pir's have got to be walked in front of to get to the alarm panel) .The alarm sets ok and lets you vacate the property whilst it is counting down the 40 seconds that I set it at but when you enter the property it starts its enter counting sequence (again set at 40 seconds)But once the living room pir or the passage pir detects you, the alarm then goes off even though they have been selected to inhibit. As this failed I then set zone two and zone 4 to a timed zone same as front door (as both pir's have got to be walked in front of to get to the alarm panel) but this also failed once either the hall (zone 2) or the living room (zone 4 ) detected me :mad: .
Only 5 zones are being used and these are the only ones programmed to be used.I still have the strobe in test so the bell only goes off for 5 seconds max whilst I am setting up the alarm but I don't think the strobe settings have any impact on the programming of the entry/exit routes(or does it :confused: ) I guess it is prob something simple that I have done wrong but if so,then I can not see my mistake at the moment.
Any help or directions that that some one can give would be very help full.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check the log to see which zones are triggering and why.Then check your programming , you won't be the first to have problems with the Accenta programming.

Check the log to see which zones are triggering and why.Then check your programming , you won't be the first to have problems with the Accenta programming.

Thanks for takeing the time to reply but as I said I have gone over it a number of times now and still can not see where I am going wrong The alarm goes off because it has detected an intruder on that particular zone ,even though i have put the zones that can detect some one on a timer, in order to get to the panel and enter the code before it goes off.

Hi i read your post on the gen 4 alarm and you definatly got a programing fault i fit these panels all the time and you need to slow down when programing it whilst in the engineers setup
PRESS PROG THEN 1 THEN ARROW UP UNTIL YOU SEE INHIBIT THEN PRESS SET AND THEN YOU CAN SET EACH ZONE AS YES OR NO BY PRESSING THE ZONE NUMBER TO SWITCH IT ON OR OFF WHEN YOU HAVE SET ALL THE ZONES UP PRESS RESET UNTIL THE DAY LIGHT IS ON AND GO BACK IN TO THE ENGINEERS SETUP AND PRESS PROG THEN 1 AND ARROW UP TO GO TO INHIBIT AND CHECK IF THE ZONES YOU SET ARE STILL SET IF THEY ARE RESET TO DAY AND ALL IS O/K
I know the programing is a bit daunting at first but so easy when you understand it good luck baz these panels are so programable you can almost make tea with it hope this helps

Sponsored Links
I have a simular problem. I have the g4 installed, test and all wiring ok, I have zone1 with a PIR next to the door and the control panel, z2 linked out, z4,5,6,7 to different rooms and z8 linked out, all on PIR's. I have set z1 as timed inhibit, but when I arm the system immediately I move from the control panel the system activates, ie the bleeps get faster and it gives a setting fault? However, I can then leave the premises and when I break in the alarm will only go off after it automatically resets? It's driving me crazy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back