Menvier TS400 probs...

tampers - most comman reasons in order

battery

bell box switch

door contact damp

damaged cable

control unit switch

Sponsored Links
OK got all that and thanks for your time. Good point about too many details in a public forum.

enjoy the rest of sunday and thanks again

Guys,

I also have the Tamper light on my TS400 and have opened up the control panel to find the battery. However, I can't find one!

Can you point me in the right direction please?

Photo attached

View media item 32051

That looks like the remote keypad, is there not a bigger panel, the battery will be in there.

If you hang around, alarm should be on soon, he's a menvier man too, would know better than myself tbh :D

Sponsored Links
So found the "BIG" box in the loft...

Removed cover

found battery - disconnected and went to panel and hit in my code..

Tamper light went out, then after a few secs, the alarm started again! Grrr... ok, so typed in my code and it stopped, but tamper light still on.

Any ideas?

did you leave the panel in the loft open?? if yes, then thats why.

Not sure if these show up a tamper with duff battery, but peeps with old menvier knowledge should confirm this soon.

Also, assuming the battery is not the problem, are there any other led's lit along with the tamper led?

Ok, so ensured the covers were on all systems (main big box and keypad) and tried again.

type in my code, Tamper goes off for 5 secs, alarm goes off, then I type in my code and alarm stops.

I decided to reset to factory defaults...

I now know the engineers code and have gone into the engineers menu. Just reading manual on what to do.

I decided to reset to factory defaults...

WHY?

There is NO REASON to do that.

The problem is with a tamper switch, nothing else.

Bet it's the one at the Keypad, they're notorious

If it's not the Keypad it's the battery.

As you don't know one piece of equipment from another & obviously don't follow the fault finding instructions in the manual, (page 21), I suggest you get someone in.

If you haven't got the manual how do you know how to reset to defaults & reprogramme?

Bit late on this one. So sorry.
TS400 nifty low cost panel years back.
Generally solid.
Batt will cause a tamper.
This particular panel will run without a batt.
Weird but true.

Hate the little fookers.
But thats what was the rage then, 9100/9200 Scannies. C & K ****e.
Abacas. To mention a few. Worked on them all.

Just composing a USB for all of them.
Still wondering how much to charge ( sorry for the pun there).

PS to the engineers here as above have all Galaxy Texecom Scantronic and Menvier on pdf. A lot of access control, fire and cctv. If stuck PM me.

I am a quick learner....

Ok, so have tried disconnecting the battery and popped on the covers, typed in the user PIN and same error - Tamper...

So it sounds like the tamper switch on the box outside yeah?

Not neccessary.
Loop out the TR to a 0vdc.
Then close the panel. If still wrong it is the battery.
Thought I had said this, but a diff thread.

Hey Alarm,

When you say TR, do you mean the TRG from the Control Panel?

Doobs

Thanks Euro, quite correct.
Page 8 in the manual shows the points refered to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back