Will any new PIR work on my Concept alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title says, will any new PIR work on my Concept alarm system. The old ones still work, but they are all discoloured and yellow. I have redecorated the house and want nice new white ones. The PIRs are hard wired, not the wireless type.

Also in the hall (the only PIR I cant disarm), is there a good PIR that is cat friendly as I have two cats.

Thanks in advance.

Gary.

Sponsored Links
Simple answer is yes gary, have you thought about which ones.

Personal recommendation from me would be pyronix kx15dq, good stable quad pir with excellent catch performance and a cool blue led, nice on a domestic system.

Wont give advice about the pet tolerant detectors, waste of time imo, put the cats away when your out, most of the alarm engineers on here agree!

Thanks mryoung. Can I remove the hall PIR and replace it with a door contacts adaptor. The hall PIR is the only one that cant be disarmed as alarm code box is in the hall.

Thanks.

Gary.

I see your from Fife Mryoung. I'm on my way there just now to visit my parents. They stay in Coaltown of Wemyss.

gary, its your system, you can do what you like, but i strongly advise against this as that zone is protecting the system ie the alarm control panel.

ahh the Coaltown of Wemyss, got a few systems down there, real nice place to live :)

i'm in glenrothes ;)

Sponsored Links
As I said before in another thread, velcro the cat and stick it to the wall when you go out!
Worst pets for us to deal with.
Bosch Blueline are good with animals and catching an intruder. Are pretty good.
About £20 quid each.

Best as my colleague on here says and keep it out of the protected aera.

LOL

He's only messin about the cat garry, well i hope so :p

Yeh as Alarm says, the bosch bluelines are good at what they do, and when installed correctly they should do their job, but you never can tell with cats, and its not sumthing for a diyer to be fitting imo, but like i said, you can fit what you like, where you like, we can only advise.

You dont want any false alarms ever (in an ideal world) so keep the cats out of the protected area.

What have you been doing before the upgrade??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back