Installing a Comelit Gate Intercom

Think you have answered your own question there.

Drop bar, Floor plate, both on the final closing leaf. Lock on the first opening.
Just checked Cisa again.
Cannot see that working. It is a hook bolt. It will rotate into a slot in the closing leaf of the other.
How would you alline?
Maybe the lock can have 2000kg of side force, has the probable 50mm section by say 12mm of you gate got that. Remember a chains weekest link analagy?

Pair of gates you need two motors the correct locking and correct hindges.
Plus a heap of safetys, with the new regs. Speed of openinng / closing. Pressure exerted, any traps. No gaps more than 50mm at all leading/closing.

Sponsored Links
Think you have answered your own question there.

Drop bar, Floor plate, both on the final closing leaf. Lock on the first opening.
Just checked Cisa again.
Cannot see that working. It is a hook bolt. It will rotate into a slot in the closing leaf of the other.
How would you alline?
Maybe the lock can have 2000kg of side force, has the probable 50mm section by say 12mm of you gate got that. Remember a chains weekest link analagy?

Pair of gates you need two motors the correct locking and correct hindges.
Plus a heap of safetys, with the new regs. Speed of openinng / closing. Pressure exerted, any traps. No gaps more than 50mm at all leading/closing.
I asked because i didn't see it listed.
Had problems with their kit before with 12v dc.

Your quote, was intended for the op.
My answer to you was yes try it.
Perhaps I should have added with a decent psu giving 15vdc out.
Got loadsout there on BPT kikt.

??

I was referring to the cisa lock. Didn't see any mention of DC power. Also meant had probs with cisa locks on dc before.

Sponsored Links
Alumni,

Have you ever fitted a CISA lock to double gates? I was hoping that the hook on the closing gate grabbing around the striker on the already closed and locked in position gate would work. ie If you try and push them open both together the hook and striker would be forced together surely, and therefore not able to be pushed open? By the way there would be stops welded to the gate post to stop the gates being opened outwards onto the pavement.

Alarm, its not that i dont believe what you are saying but just wanted a second opinion from an independant as obviously if i ask the companies selling the locks will probably tell me they will work

??

I was referring to the cisa lock. Didn't see any mention of DC power. Also meant had probs with cisa locks on dc before.

Then we both misunderstood eachother.

Alumni,

Have you ever fitted a CISA lock to double gates? I was hoping that the hook on the closing gate grabbing around the striker on the already closed and locked in position gate would work. ie If you try and push them open both together the hook and striker would be forced together surely, and therefore not able to be pushed open? By the way there would be stops welded to the gate post to stop the gates being opened outwards onto the pavement.

Alarm, its not that i dont believe what you are saying but just wanted a second opinion from an independant as obviously if i ask the companies selling the locks will probably tell me they will work

You previously said other leaf had a dropbar not secured.
Now its to be locked.
I only answered as per given circumstances.
In that case it should work, not having used that model.
You now also after what I said mention stops fitted.

I can only work on given facts without a site visit or photographs.
Also I am an independent, not tied to any supplier nor manufacturer.
Hope your project succeeds.

Regards

Alarm

Alarm,
Think you have taken my comment about wanting to ask an independant the wrong way... I wasnt saying that you weren't independant, i was just asking for the advice of "another" independant before i rang suppliers

Cheers for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back