MAG LOCKS-SECURE SIDE?

This may sound stupid and probably won't work if the doors are not plain doors but have you considered turning the doors round or upside down so the side where the MagLocks are fitted goes from outside to inside.

Sponsored Links
This may sound stupid and probably won't work if the doors are not plain doors but have you considered turning the doors round or upside down so the side where the MagLocks are fitted goes from outside to inside.
This a trick?

No not a trick. It worked when the decorative hinges that went 3/4 of the way across the door were fitted to the wrong side of an expensive door. Turning it upside down put the hinges where they should be. The panelling was the same both sides and looked OK when upside down.

No not a trick. It worked when the decorative hinges that went 3/4 of the way across the door were fitted to the wrong side of an expensive door. Turning it upside down put the hinges where they should be. The panelling was the same both sides and looked OK when upside down.
And from the previous descriptions it seems the armature plates are mounted directly on to the door. - a small matter of a 13mm through hole each door to hide.

Also, if any of these doors are fire doors, no damage to door integrity allowed. Remember who the customer is?

End of the day, you can't polish a turd. OP has a petentially expensive problem, or at least his insurance company has. That said, no mention made of insurance..... :cry:

Sponsored Links
Still a cover up.
Glad when I fitted perkomatic`s to 17th centurary grade 2 listed plaster insert doors we took time and thought about it.
Even if the fire officer was a nugget.

I thought this forum was meant to be here to offer advice and try to help people out? I asked a question and all i got is abused! Firstly, My engineer is not an apprentice alarm he has served his apprenticeship and is now in his second year of being an engineer and i have been doing this for more than 4 years i said i had been working for myself for 4 years. and for your info i have never fitted a mag on the wrong side either. My last job had 48 double mags and they were all fitted properly by the engineer in question. All mags are tubed in steel conduit within the wall but because i did not mention it means it must not have been??? And also i am fully insured. Just because i did not mention it does not mean im not insured. i know the exact costs of business, in fact i probaly have more insurance than most due to the size of the jobs we do.

I do not appreciate the comments saying that people like me give the trade a bad name, a mistake was made and i was looking for some regulatory advice! i am a prefered contractor for a number of the companys i work for and last year we received 4 letters of recommendation from clients i was working for. And these were not houses etc these were from site managers from large multi discipline installs, the last being a high school with 400 zones, 65 cameras, 56 door entry doors and nearly 1400 points on the fire alarm!

oh and i asked the compliance manager for the company i was working for to go out and look at our mistake and he said it would pass its audit with the locks on the reader side as it turns out on closer inspection they would not fit on the egress side as the type of door closers fitted on the door span the whole door and the mags would not have fitted on.

Anyway thanks to anyone who did try to help.

I thought this forum was meant to be here to offer advice and try to help people out? I asked a question and all i got is abused! Firstly, My engineer is not an apprentice alarm he has served his apprenticeship and is now in his second year of being an engineer and i have been doing this for more than 4 years i said i had been working for myself for 4 years. and for your info i have never fitted a mag on the wrong side either. My last job had 48 double mags and they were all fitted properly by the engineer in question. All mags are tubed in steel conduit within the wall but because i did not mention it means it must not have been??? And also i am fully insured. Just because i did not mention it does not mean im not insured. i know the exact costs of business, in fact i probaly have more insurance than most due to the size of the jobs we do.

I do not appreciate the comments saying that people like me give the trade a bad name, a mistake was made and i was looking for some regulatory advice! i am a prefered contractor for a number of the companys i work for and last year we received 4 letters of recommendation from clients i was working for. And these were not houses etc these were from site managers from large multi discipline installs, the last being a high school with 400 zones, 65 cameras, 56 door entry doors and nearly 1400 points on the fire alarm!

oh and i asked the compliance manager for the company i was working for to go out and look at our mistake and he said it would pass its audit with the locks on the reader side as it turns out on closer inspection they would not fit on the egress side as the type of door closers fitted on the door span the whole door and the mags would not have fitted on.

Anyway thanks to anyone who did try to help.
As mentioned above, not how you originally worded it.
Also, what you say means jack diddly as you quite clearly, and on your own admittance, have no idea of the regs and requirements - which is a bit of a worry.

as it turns out on closer inspection they would not fit on the egress side as the type of door closers fitted on the door span the whole door and the mags would not have fitted on.

So a total bodge from the first survey?
You were wrong the engineer was correct?

As above you asked for an out.

Veryu true it may not mean didly but rest assured i do not come on here to lie just for an ego boost and trying to big myself up as a super installer! I will just read the regs book in future me's thinks!

As for my own admittance to not knowing any of the regs i do not recall saying this!!! bit harsh i asked 1 question, where does this then translate into having no idea about any regulations???

I asked for help and you seem to see this as a catastrophic failure and i must be some 2 bit crappy engineer!

I do not know all of the regs i need to check them now and again. And anyone who says they know every single regulation for all aspects of security and the fire regs is a liar. there is sometimes regs which i am not 100% on so i then go about finding out.

No engineer was not right, he did not fit the locks on the reader side because he checked the other side of the door he fitted them there by mistake, so no i was not wrong and he was right. The closers were not fitted when he fitted the locks so he had no idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back