OASIS JA-80K W/less System -Can I fit a Hard Wired Sounder ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Would like to replace wireless JA-80A Siren with a hard wired Sounder. 1. the wireless version does not have warning leds and 2 its battery life is problematic.

Will the panel drive a hard wired version and to which terminals should it be connected please. :unsure:

Sponsored Links
There's a couple of ways, the simplest would be to run a cable to your existing sounder and fit LEDs to the box. Send the power from inside the house, no need to get a ladder out to change the LED batts.

Battery operated ones can be bought and fitted inside the box if you don't really want to run a cable.

Whatever you do DON'T take any power from your sounder, get it from elsewhere.

Personally I think these lights on boxes look naff, some can be configured to tell you (and everyone else) that the alarm is on or not, how clever is that?

Looking at the manual for your system it would be, with a bit (a lot) of jiggery pokery, possible to fit a different wired sounder.

It's not a job for a novice & I'd be very surprised if any company would want to undertake this for you.

There is a set of relay contacts available in the panel that could be used/help, but, not as easy as you may think, the panel is NOT DESIGNED for this.

I'm not even going to go down that route.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do. Let us know.

Looking at the manual for your system it would be, with a bit (a lot) of jiggery pokery, possible to fit a different wired sounder.

It's not a job for a novice & I'd be very surprised if any company would want to undertake this for you.

There is a set of relay contacts available in the panel that could be used/help, but, not as easy as you may think, the panel is NOT DESIGNED for this.

I'm not even going to go down that route.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do. Let us know.

Thanks for your 2 replies Europlex.

Still considering the 1st.
As far as I can check, the existing Lithium batt in the sounder is 6V 11ah.

Looking at the Installation manual I wondered whether the EWC connection on the panel holds the answer, but I can't quite figure our the full solution about the possibility of hard wiring from there to the existing or alternative Sounder.? :?:

Sponsored Links
Battery operated ones can be bought and fitted inside the box if you don't really want to run a cable.

Do this with the battery, I would expect it to be a PP3 type.

Battery in hse. LEDs in existing box.

I strongly suggest you don't do any connecting to your panel or sounder, other than what I have suggested.

Do this with the battery, I would expect it to be a PP3 type.

Battery in hse. LEDs in existing box.

I strongly suggest you don't do any connecting to your panel or sounder, other than what I have suggested.

Thanks Europlex

Would it be feasible/possible to power the sounder itself from a seperate supply to overcome the limited life of the internal Lithium battery :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back