Installing Electronic Door Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm new to this forum so hopefully someone will be able to answer my question!! I've had a look through some other posts on here but haven't been able to find a good answer.

Someone has asked me to install an electronic door lock (keypad, maglock and rte button) as the costs from the contractor, currently on site for other work, if they did it are ridiculous. I consider myself to be competent to do this work.

My question is quite basically, am I allowed to do it? The system is low voltage (12v) and operates from a plug in 12v power supply.

Before I say yes I thought I would find out where I stand! Any help will be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers
J

Sponsored Links
Nothing stopping you fitting it.

Have you allowed for Egress in a fire? Is it to be linked to a fire system?
Plug in power, cleaner pulls plug door open.
Could someone hit their head on the mag?
Secure keypad or one you can code guess?

To name a few.
But yes you can fit it.

Yes, you can do it - but sack the plug in psu and get a proper, hard wired one. Elmdene, Dantech et al.

When you say contractor on site, what work is he doing? Just make sure you aren't stepping on his toes so to speak.

Thanks for your replies! The main question was if I was allowed to actually do it which it seems I can!

The system isn't meant for a high security door just something better than a normal key! It would also have break glass units installed for emergencies. The maglock would be installed with a z + l bracket as it is an inward opening door.

Anyway, thanks again for you help
J

Sponsored Links
Remember a Mag is for access not total security.
Always check with your insurers.

Ps, Bernard, I always fit a battery back up :D

You a registered waste carrier?
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

Prices have gone up I hear, should be enough beer tokens for at least 2 hours :p

You a registered waste carrier?
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

Prices have gone up I hear, should be enough beer tokens for at least 2 hours :p
Where did i mention waste/scrap? :D

I took them some used and unwanted batteries. Upto them if they want to call them scrap. :LOL:

Thanks to the stupidity of the EU, Commodity such as metal is deemed waste - unless you read the wordy wordy carefully it can be an expensive gesture to think green.

Killer isnt it.
Battling with local council, no "GREEN BOXES" but cannot put waste into grey bin. Green bin is for garden waste only!
Leave out, foxes and cats get to it.

Told them today its in the grey bin until you supply the ones by law you should. 6 week waiting list so they say.

Twstoers

Ps, Bernard, I always fit a battery back up :D
Just had a rather pleasant visit to the 'recycling yard' to swap a van full of used batteries into beer tokens.

You mean you broke the law and have just admitted it online - dodging paying recycling fees too. bit dumb and dumber that eh?
Stop being a t*t.
Read again what i wrote.
Don't see anywhere me saying i was carrying waste.
'Used' does not mean 'waste'.
It is only waste when i declare it to be waste. At no point did i do so. Unwanted does not equal waste. So i chose safe disposal.

Yet again you have shown your lack of knowledge on a subject.

Also, how do you come to the conclusion i avoided recycling fees?
I paid all relevant fees and have the documentation to prove it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back