Help URGENT! no aerial in bedroom advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:Hi
Just bought a 26 inch digital LCD tv with FREEVIEW and FULLl HD for bedroom but do not have an aerial in this room, we live in a ground floor flat in a small block of just 8 flats and have a communal aerial system (newly installed about 4 years ago)but only have a tv aerial socket for tv/+ virgin cable box in living room, I am not at all technical so would appreciate the simplist and best way to provide good quality picture & reception on the new tv in the bedroom ( a distance of approx 6 mtrs away) Also would it be possible to run cable tv from the one set top box in the living room through to the tv in the bedroom?. I am anxious to sort this ASAP for my elderley mother who is not at all well, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Lexy

Sponsored Links
You may need to make a small hole on the partition wall between the living room and the bedroom and run a cable through to the bedroom. Assuming it's not a load-bearing wall and your lease does not forbid you to cause 'wounds' to the wall then you should be fine. That, I think, is the simplest solution.

A slightly more involved solution is to take the signal from your living room and feed it onto a distribution amplifier (one with 2 or more amplified outputs). You could then use one of the outputs for your living room TV and one of the other outputs to your bedroom (through a small hole in the wall).

I'm not a qualified profesisonal in these matters so i'll bow to any superior authorities out there!

Hi
Thank you for the swift reply, I will definately try try your method but will have to go through two walls as there is a small box room inbetween, I have read posts saying some cableing is not very good can you recommend a good quality coaxial cable as I want to ensure I can pick up as many as the freeview channels as possible.
Once again thank you for your help it is very much appreciated.

Lexy

Sponsored Links
Hi
Thank you for your reply, I intend to get a good quality digital cable & plugs but being a complete novice at this not sure what to ask for plus I will also need a splitter do you think I should get an amplified one to ensure a stronger signal ( I dont like the idea of splitting it in half to each tv)

Lexy

Do it the cheap way first, use a splitter, if you have a reasonably strong signal it will work.

If it doesn't give an adequate signal, then fit a powered multiway amplifier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back