HD and health

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a hd tv for nearly 12 months now and what I have noticed that if I am watching it for a length of time ie football match,film or documentary I start to get a minor headache ...then I started watching tv without the hd and all appeared ok but the last couple of weeks been watching in hd again and headaches started to come back, I am not sure if its a coincidence or wether its watching hd thats causing them...I will monitor again for the next few months watching with and without hd to see if it returns ....just wondering if anyone has heard of this or had similar problems

Sponsored Links
is it at about eye level, or are you craning your neck? Hanging them on the wall can lead to an unnatural posture.

varifocal specs can cause you to tilt your head as well.

is it at about eye level, or are you craning your neck? Hanging them on the wall can lead to an unnatural posture.

varifocal specs can cause you to tilt your head as well.

Yes is it at eye level and I am not craning my neck....I do wear glasses but only for reading....as I said before John it only appears to when hd is trasmitting but as I said it may just be a coincidence that the headaches appear when watching in hd

It might be that with the extra detail in the HD picture your eyes are trying harder to focus.

Sitting furthur away, Watching TV with the lights on and not using CFL lights might make a difference.

Sponsored Links
Sound? Dolby digital broadcasts have greater dynamic range, you'll be getting bigger booms and bangs.

Have you tried it with other things? Maybe you get a headache when the game is being played badly!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back