Power feeds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I am looking to get an alarm system installed, but my only concern is the power feed.

The manual for one I am looking at (Accenta Mini G4) says to use a dedicated feed from the CU. Now I can understand why (other appliances tripping MCBs etc) but is this strictly the case?

I don't have any spare MCBs so does that mean I can't have an alarm fitted unless I change my CU?

Sponsored Links
no mate,
all you need is the engineer to fit a fused connection unit from the ring main or lighting circuit to your control panel

you don't need to change your consumer unit, unless you want to that is.

please be aware of part p of the building regulations and ensure that your engineer / electrician gives you a certificate for the electrical works.

Ring main, NOT lighting, especially if you have fluorescent tubes fitted, non switched 3amp fuse also

Yeah I thought that was the case. Just checking.

The Accenta G4 manual says 10A circuit minimum so that rules out lighting circuits anyway, plus 2A fuse not 3A.

Thanks guys...

Sponsored Links
Yeah I thought that was the case. Just checking.

The Accenta G4 manual says 10A circuit minimum so that rules out lighting circuits anyway, plus 2A fuse not 3A.

Thanks guys...
I think you will find that Pro installers always use a 3A fuse, there is a 1A or less, inside the panel before it hits the transformer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back