wiring a mcb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have fitted a PROTEUS mcb in a new garage but have lost the instructions to wire it can any body help please
IAN (CONFUSED)

Sponsored Links
ian taylor said:
i have fitted a PROTEUS mcb in a new garage but have lost the instructions to wire it can any body help please
IAN (CONFUSED)

Ian, your first mistake was buying Proteus, they are to quality what excrement is to healthy eating... :confused:

Secondly, how can this be confusing, they have two terminals, one at the top and one at the bottom. The Bottom Terminal will sit on the Busbar of the unit it goes into, or if no Busbar the supply TO the MCB will go into the bottom terminal. The Feed to the actual circuit the device protects will go into the terminal at the top of the MCB.

To be honest though fella, if you need help wiring an MCB up, then you should not be playing with anything electrical.

Remember, electricity kills.

ian taylor said:
IAN (CONFUSED)

You say it is a new garage . . . this would lead me to believe you are in fact fitting a full consumer unit with several MCBs within it, hence your confusion, since this is a slightly bigger job than wiring an MCB.

Why were you awake at 7:18 this morning?

Sponsored Links
I don't always see eye-to-eye with FWL, but this time he's in complete agreement with me - if you need instructions to wire up an MCB, or a CU, then you shouldn't be doing it.

In fact, I'm not aware that MCBs or CUs come with instructions, do they?

Finally, there is the little matter of Part P for you to consider.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back