TINY 42" PLASMA POWER SUPPLY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI I HAVE GOT A TINY 42" PLASMA TV AND POWER SUPPLY AS GONE ANYBODY NO WHERE I CAN GET ONE PART NO (LJ4400055A) ANY HELP PLEASE

Sponsored Links
who makes it? Also 42'' is far from tiny, Ive got a 28 inch and even it looks quite large.

who makes it? Also 42'' is far from tiny, Ive got a 28 inch and even it looks quite large.
Lol.... Tiny is the brand, not the size :LOL:

Tiny was a PC Retailer...now long gone. So the set must be very old, surely?

Sponsored Links
What sort of power supply is it?
Is it just a sealed black plastic box or can you get to the circuit board inside. Maybe it can be repaired.

Is it just a sealed black plastic box or can you get to the circuit board inside. Maybe it can be repaired.

Yeah, the sealed plastic black box, is called a 'television set', and the psu is contained within that...

Should you really be posting about things you know nothing about?

Unless you are 100% certain that the PSU is indeed faulty, then most likely, is that the PSU is not faulty, due to the i2c bus that Plasma TV's would use.

The i2c bus is like an IDE connection on a computer, if one hdisk failed, the other would be used, but in a TV, the i2c bus, would report back a fault, and if there was anything that might cause issue, then the PSU would shut down, to prevent damage.

Depending on how long the TV remains on, before shutdown, or if indeed it comes on, then there is an internal diagnostic system available, to locate the fault area. You specify the part number required, but don't specify the fault. Just because it doesn't power up, doesn't mean the power supply is faulty, just that the power supply is shutting down, to prevent the set blowing up.

Google common faults regarding your model number. Check out diagnostic techniques. (Common ones are apply full volume, minimum bass, turn on from standby, then press up on the remote control 3 times)

A good one that is applicable to more people, if your Sky box is playing up, unplug it, press and hold backup button, on the box, apply power; It then downloads all its data and software, to the latest version.

A frozen/loss of picture on Sky, go into menu, picture settings I think, then diagnostics, it resets the LNB, and gives you the picture back. The same option used to say enter a code, and beeped at you.

Yeah, the sealed plastic black box, is called a 'television set', and the psu is contained within that...

Should you really be posting about things you know nothing about?

So you think all sealed black boxes are televisions. Never heard of an external power supply :eek:

Yes I do know what I am talking about as I have an electronics degree and have repaired many power supplies.

Your last post is fair enough about the built in diagnostics but you have completely failed to take into account the fact that power supplies are the most unreliable module especially with cheap brands where they try and cut costs a lot more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back