Worcester Bosch combi boiler - I have a leak!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new boiler fitted 2 and a half years ago....we had major renovations done to the house. they attached the new boiler onto the existing pipe work....apparently, they took the two old boilers out.....to put the new one in and never checked the pressure from the old ones. Once they started the boiler up, the pressure kept dropping, they filled it with leak sealers.....they put loads in.......he started to hold a little more, as it was dropping every 24 hours to 0 bar. that was in the October, then we had the heating on constantly for the winter and all was fine....it may have dropped on a few occasions, but I topped it up if looked to low as we didn't want it to cut out. i got the plumber and builders back last spring when the boiler started dropping considerably again......they put more leak sealer in. it started to hold a bit better, but was still dropping but not as regularly, once a week it would go down to 0. I was told it was like finding a needle in a haystack and should keep an eye out for a leak. Over the last 8 months there is a water mark showing on an internal wall above the skirting board....its the only water mark I have seen and assume this is where the leak is....builders think its damp.....I'm not convinced. Any tips on using more leak sealers, which is their suggestion? can you use too much? which is the best? any other ideas on how to show where the leak is? I am still topping the boiler up on a daily basis., as it drops to 0 bar...can this damage it? I've heard it can get to much oxygen in the system? please help....at the end of my tether! thanks

Sponsored Links
That's quite a big leak and your boiler will now be full of leak sealer goo and sludge.
Listen through a mechanical stethoscope for the leak ( eg a stick of wood, or a hammer...)
Dig hole
Find leak under floor
Use something like Kamco FX-2 to clean the system with a flushing machine
find the new leaks and fix those
flush with water
add inhibitor
Simple - not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back