Replacing rascal super panel for a veritas 8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a system with only 3 sensors and an outside bellbox. I've managed to reolace the old sensors which were wired up with 6 leads 12ve power line Black- Red +, Alarm switch white & green, tamper blue & yellow. I fitted a nex Odyssey 3M bell box which is sort of working, the siren and strobe lights operate normally but when I connect the bellbox internal battery I can't set the alarm.( tamper light on panel flashes all the time, ok with internal batttery off) I thought it would be easier to get things right if I renew the control panel with a modern texecom veritas 8 panel. have downloaded the installation manual but don't understand the zone wiring. I want to wire each of my 3 sensors to a seperate zone. The rascal has the zones wired up as follows: zone 1 green & white, zone 2 white & green, zone 3 green & white, the remaining 2 zones have shunts across them. my question is do I wire up the vertas 8 in the same way and then parellel the positive supply + leads and connect them to AUX + and the 2 negative supply leads to AUX - ( in my case red & black). Please could somebody tell me where to connect the tamper blue & yellow leads?

My big worry is what i'm going to find when I remove the old rascal panel. I'm hoping to find four seperate cables which should lead to the sensors and the bellbox; then maybe I'll be able to sort out the bell box properly with a test meter.

As you have gathered I know next to nothing but would really like to succeed. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Yes, you wire each zone seperately.

Your zone as you say is the green and white pair. You wire these seperately to each zone. It doesn't matter which way round you put them.

You wire all three of your reds to the detectors to the aux+ terminal, and all three blacks to the aux- terminal.

Then you get one of the tamper wires from the first detector and connect it to one of the tamper terminals on the PCB.

Then connect the other tamper wire from detector one to one of the tamper wires from detector two.

Then connect the other tamper wire from detector two to one of the tamper wires from detector three.

The remaining wire from detector three then goes to the other tamper terminal on the PCB.

This creates a loop, and means that if any cover is removed the panel will go into tamper.

Connect the wires from the bell box to the bell terminals. There will be five wires between the bell and the panel.

Yes, you wire each zone seperately.
Great,
thanks very much. I hope that I'll be able to find all the right leads with my test meter once I get the old panel off.
Harry.
Your zone as you say is the green and white pair. You wire these seperately to each zone. It doesn't matter which way round you put them.

You wire all three of your reds to the detectors to the aux+ terminal, and all three blacks to the aux- terminal.

Then you get one of the tamper wires from the first detector and connect it to one of the tamper terminals on the PCB.

Then connect the other tamper wire from detector one to one of the tamper wires from detector two.

Then connect the other tamper wire from detector two to one of the tamper wires from detector three.

The remaining wire from detector three then goes to the other tamper terminal on the PCB.

This creates a loop, and means that if any cover is removed the panel will go into tamper.

Connect the wires from the bell box to the bell terminals. There will be five wires between the bell and the panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back