TV tuner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Philips LCD TV, 3 years old. Since they starting messing about with transmitters in March I've had lots of problems losing digital channels, so thought maybe an aerial problem since the existing one was 20 years old and pre-digital TV.

I've had a new aerial fitted. The guy was very helpful and pointed out there was a problem with the TV tuner because it wouldn't install all the channels as it should. He connected an external digibox as a temporary measure and it works fine with that.

Since the set is 2 years out of warranty there doesn't seem much point contacting Phillips. Is there anything i can do except live with the digibox?

Sponsored Links
If you can find the option for it you could try doing a reset to factory settings and letting it scan from a clean state, this may produce better results than having it try to work out the changes.

There may also be a way to manually tune the digital muxes.

Have a look at the Philips product support web site www.p4c.philips.com and search for your exact model. There you will find firmware updates and FAQs along with the usual user guide downloads.

See if there's a firmware update for your TV first. Then read the manual to see if there's a way to do a factory reset as plugwash suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back