Alarm manual info

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys , I have a texecom alarm fitted to my mothers home , I want to add an additional keypad , I have worked out how to connect the 12v , however can anyone let me know where to connect the other two cables required. Also when the two 12v cables are connected the additional keypad doesn't power up , any ideas.

Sponsored Links
what panel ? onboard ? compact ? r8 ? have you addressed key pad to number 2 ? you also have to go into engineer programming mode to add extra keypad. the two other wire are T and R just double up with the exsisting T and R. hope this helps

Hi Sparkymarka , cheers for the reply , The user manual says - Texecom premier , then lists the following numbers - 24/48/88/168 , no where on the control panel does it say which of these model numbers I have.
I cannot find where the trans wire or the recieve wire go on the connector blocks in panel. ,
thanks

Allan

Does anyone know if the engineers code is a standard code or if this code is generated at the time of install by the engineer , or indeed is it a series of button pushing to access the relevant menus?

Sponsored Links
hi on panel on bottom left is a block network with + - T R connect keypad to this make sure you address keypad first or it wont work engineer code is 1234 unless its been changed

engineer code is 1234 unless its been changed

You can try it, but most people change it. Also remove all power BEFORE you connect, you will also need to confirm the new keypad on the system, if you don't have an installation manual i would suggest you get and alarm installer to do this for you, you could end up with blown fuses, and the whole thing going off and not be able to shut it up. That will not please your neighbours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back