replacement for potterton ep2002 programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
The central heating in my house is not working bcos of faulty programmer potterton ep2002. I have tried to find like for like replacement but it is out of stock everywhere, perhaps manufacturers stoppped the production of EP series as they are out of stock since january. Can anybody help me if there is any other programmer to replace with without changing any wiring arrangements. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Potterton EP 6002 is a straight swap. How do you know its the programmer at fault?

Sponsored Links
Potterton EP series not available anywhere at moment, i am looking to replace it with a different programmer than potterton. Thanks,

Don't replace it with another ep, they are pants, get a Honeywell, Drayton or Danfoss.

bengasman, i am looking for the easy wiring option which i can do myself if i change it to different make programmer. Any advice please which programmer and wat to do with the wiring.

Wiring is really simple for anyone who is au fait with working on 230V.
Probably best to start with getting the correct diagram for the system you have, and check that all is wired up as should be.
Between the wiring diagram e.g. s-plan and the diagram that comes with the timer, it's a piece of urine.

Forgot to mention: make sure you get an independent model; this day and age there is no reason for running dhw and ch at the same time, unless you have a small cylinder and extreme dhw usage.

I did not realise ep's were not available (never used them because of poor reliability)
Any programmer replacement will require a rewire as the backplate is unique
and they were often used as a wiring centre.

misterdubya,
i still want to buy it bcos its easy for me to replace but they are not available. If u stock check on that site it will tell u ''out of stock''. thanks anyway.

Flip it off the wall and check the wiring to see if its been used as a wiring centre. If its only been run in with the programmer wires should be very straight forward to rewire and replacement. I use Danfoss 715, but honeywell and drayton are also good.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Long shot, and only 6 months late, but if you're still looking, the EP6002 is in stock at www.discountheating.co.uk - just got one delivered. Had the same problem as you in the summer trying to get hold of one, although my EP2002 still worked luckily.

I have an EP3002.

What were the symptons of your faulty CH. Everytime the heating times on it fires constantly regardless of the wall room stat.

Does that sound familiar?

Thanks

Daren

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back