what Router with CCTV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All
I am gouign to buy my DVR very soon and want some advice on what router to have in place first.

My current router is a draytek and supports port forwarding and VPN etc.
What router would you recomend in an Old house with solid walls.
Must be wireless - N and support port forwarding for the DVR.
Also should support ADSL2 naturally

Any thoughts on a good model for this?

Sponsored Links
You're asking three questions in one here - router, wireless and modem!

I have switched exclusively to draytek vigor 2820's and find them superb.

But, really - what do you want it to do? Wireless is not 100% reliable (I wasted a lot of time trying to achieve 100% connections and eventually switched to cat5 which just works and doesn't do strange things).

If you want to access it remotely - port forwarding or open ports is all you need, perhaps with some security to restrict incoming ips.

And how will the DVR connect to the camera? Are you routing to that from the internet?

Don't really understand what you want to do, sorry.

Hi there I have the 2820 or 2830 with a netgear access point, I think. I think I will replace that with the draytec ap700 access point then.

Sponsored Links
Hi there I have the 2820 or 2830 with a netgear access point, I think. I think I will replace that with the draytec ap700 access point then.
Don't use wifi to connect DVR unless you really have to. much better to patch it in.

Hi there I have been looking at the killer xdh8 from CCTV direct but I'm not sure about resolutions, and fps with more cameras.
I'm thinking I will have about six and for the best price I can get a good unit for.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back