Premier 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just wired in my Premier 24 - which has 11 PIR wired (EOL), 2 keypads, 1 zone expander, 1 speach dialler. when I powered up everything appeared OK, I have done a walk test and all the zones worked.

However I have 2 faults

1 Auxilliary tamper circuit fault ( I have connected the tamper circuit from the speach dialler) I have checked wiring and it seems OK, when I removed the dialler from the backing box the tamper circuit worked?

2 Bell box tamper fault (I have not double checked this yet but I will do tonight when I get home)

Can anyone suggest anything that might help?

Save Dave

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
hi best way to check bell tamper is touch bell tamper to bell trip if it rings outside its fine also is the tamper faults engineer reset if so you need to go into programming mode exit programming mode and keypad should be clear.

Bell tamper to bell trip might be one way but would not be the end all of tests.
Meter it for the correct return voltage.
Meter it for resistance.

It might trigger the sounder, it would not necessarily allow the TR- to operate correctly.

I never condemed the theory, merely pointed out a possible drawback.

Calm down, as the advert says.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back