Secom bell box's

Sponsored Links
Europlex,
i will fully agree with you on all aspects.

we do have some real old stuff out there, but it is usually bells only and domestic!!
the commercial stuff is mainly Galaxy, but there area bout half a dozen Abacus, a couple of dozen Gardtech 840/816 and one 9100!!! (that we fitted 19 years ago, still working fine, and still has a real old digicom on board, bells plus only)

but yep when we go to a takeover we do try to impress on the client that the system may require upgrading, if the comms have been ceased by the client, then we do upgrade to Galaxy panel,

but if we take the comms over we leave it in but note on file and proposal forms that it is a non graded system.

i really depends on what the client wants to do, some just move from the big boys to save the large call fees and lack of service from them.

some just want a new company to sort out what they have.

went to one yesterday;
optima, an original black and red sticker one
1 x door contact
1 x fox pir
1 x s type bell box with strobe screwed to the top of the box
battery was 14 years old!
pcb had a large burn mark were the ballast resistor for the power supply used to be (it was in the bottom of the box)

and wanted me to `get it working`
i explained to him that there is no way i was going to sort it out, gave a price, (faxed to his office later yesterday) had email this morning confirming a full upgrade.

funny thing is i fitted that system 22 years ago, when i was contracting for another firm!!!
scary really! at the time these were a staple panel for the firm i was contracted to, they used to install for free and charge a £4.00 a week for 4 years for a system that had maybe 2 x pir and 2 x doors!

they finally sold to aunt daisy about 1996 for over 1.6mill!!!

he got it right, but boy aunt daisy sure got some carp to sort out!!

Oasis

Sponsored Links
was there mate, went to Texecoms stand about 1330 ish didn't see yah
but one thing i did see honeywell have brought out there new RKP the mk8
pretty looking thing as well!

I know i fitted an Optima!! but you have to understand that we all have fitted some real shxt over the years!!

but i don't really care, i now get to rip it out and bin it!!

Oasis

Damn, was about 5 of us at the main concourse side at that time too.
Never mind another day.
Never even made it to Honeywell stand, and had entered some comp or something too.

you and me both mate, also went to look at CCTV direct stand, they have got some real good cameras 600tvl at £59.00 plus vat for a dome with varifocal lense,
good price that,

you will like the new mk8 as well, instead of a green LED its fitted with a white one, also the case design is totally different, and can be recessed!

Oasis

i will be floating around central london in the next couple of weeks, let me know were you are and we could meet up and do coffee!!

yep i will agree with that one, the recessed module is horrible!!
we have then fitted to two schools that we look after,
Takeover form Aunt daisy)

the new one looks allot better

just waiting for it to come on sale via ADI and i shall have to have one!!!
well you know what its like, you have to have a new toy!!

Oasis

yep i will agree with that one, the recessed module is horrible!!
we have then fitted to two schools that we look after,
Takeover form Aunt daisy)

the new one looks allot better

just waiting for it to come on sale via ADI and i shall have to have one!!!
well you know what its like, you have to have a new toy!!

Oasis
Yyou're forgetting something.

These days there is a world of difference between something going on sale at ADI and you actually managing to get your hands on it.

not yet mate!
when i get one i will post it up!

Alumni
very true mate, very true.

i went to my local branch last week for 6 rolls of 6 core,
there reply was `sorry mate we are out of stock`!!!

also out of stock
Texe oddy 5
grade 2 surface door contacts
internal (tampered) speakers

??????????

a wholesalers not have STANDARD stock items, thats ADI for yah!!!

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back