Premier 24 random alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi Chaps,

I have just finished installing a texecom premier 24 panel with 1 rkp, no expanders, and i am having a few problems.

Firstly, one of the zones, zone 2 in this case, seems to be sporadically alarming. One minute its fine when you walk in front of it, then left for a few mins, when you walk in front of it again, it gives a tamper alarm.

One other thing is that the LCD display is slightly flickering, not on and off, but a slight change, like mains is spiking it or something.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check all connections. Sounds like stray strands wondering about.

1 flickering keypad had a few myself check for trapped wires in keypad
2 pir is it resistor wired ? check for loose resistor or wrong resistor or resistor value in zone programming.

Where you sprung from Sparky?
All of a sudden either repeat things, or just get it wrong.

Sponsored Links
you need to get out in real world more often alarm if you dont have anything sensible to say dont say it.

Real world ehh.
Been to Sheffield a few times, generally fitting real systems to serious buildings.
Real enough for you?

As I said you either repeat what has been said or go off on a tangent only known to yourself.

Jeez who is the most annoying arsehole on this forum don't you give anyone a break?

You are, getting involved in things you know nothing about.
A bit like some others here do.

Now for the carry on.................

is it me or does this sit exist to help people with DIY help on alarm systems and other sutch topics or is it ALARMs bitch and moan, i am god site. most things that come from him seem very sarcastic, i would hate to be one of his customers if he spoke to them like this, i wonder how long hes been installing or not...

I just like to give the correct advice, no more no less.
If you look beyond your and your new friends noses you will find the advice I give generally sorts out the issue.
I`m not bothered what you or Yale think TBH. You both lack the experience to give nothing but rudimentary assistance. Nice of you to try though.

At least I can work out what the panel is from a slight description and give a fair diagnosis.
So from that you work out how long I have been in this profession.

Think you will find "GOD" posts elsewhere on this site.

Regards

This is my first foray into a non Yale thread I simply looked in to see if you acted in the same way elsewhere as you do when you habitually break forum rules by hyjacking and trolling Yale threads.
Sadly you do.
Unfortunately reading the Yale manual still does not make you an expert. You claim to have dealt with 40 Yale alarms in the past.
My assumption here is not that you attempt to fix them or service them or add to them but simply 'rip and replace' the same as I do when presented with an owner who wants their old alarm taking out because it is problematical and replacing with a Yale.
I am quite happy to stay out of non Yale threads its a shame you cannot reciprocate.

This is my first foray into a non Yale thread...
Really?

Nice try at pretending to be Mr virtuous. Unfortunately you seem to have a very poor memory. Even a cursory check shows your comment to be wrong.

Mischief making yet again.

This is my first foray into a non Yale thread I simply looked in to see if you acted in the same way elsewhere as you do when you habitually break forum rules by hyjacking and trolling Yale threads.

You really should see someone about either your bad memory, or the lying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back