NTE5 Openreach Wiring - Picture?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house has some very ad hoc phone wiring with a 30 year history of non-compliance and I want to rationalise it. I have a logo'ed NTE5, and would like to run a cable from the external (circular) box where the drop wire terminates, under the floor and coming up to this NTE5 connector plate.

What would be very helpful is a photo of the way an officially terminated cable is routed, tied down and connected to the terminals, so that this socket does not stand out as being self installed.

Anyone able to help?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for those.

Although, there wasn't a picture of a genuine Openreach cable being terminated to the screw terminals. I doubt that they strip out just one twisted pair and run it on its own several inches into the back box, as shown in the 3rd link!

Sponsored Links
Also they all show the incoming pair as being orange and orange with white, which is not necessarily the case, nor is the polarity guaranteed, so it would be wise to take note of how things are currently wired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back