New Alarm Install

Hi Guys,

If I add the IP interface, will the wintex software connect though this rather than needing an RS232 interface?

Cheers
Will

Sponsored Links
Hi Will,

Yes, wintex will connect via the IP interface, no need for serial. I seem to recall last time i used the Premier 48 that the ip module had to have its power cycled in order for the changes made to it via the remote key pad to take effect. This would be IP, DHCP settings, subnet etc....

The wintex software is really useful - saves alot of time.

Joel.

Hi Will,

Yes, wintex will connect via the IP interface, no need for serial. I seem to recall last time i used the Premier 48 that the ip module had to have its power cycled in order for the changes made to it via the remote key pad to take effect. This would be IP, DHCP settings, subnet etc....

The wintex software is really useful - saves alot of time.

Joel.

Perfect, I think we have a system sorted, found some great prices for all the kit too, well happy.

Thank you all for your help, looking forward to installing it now.

Now onto the front door CCTV research.

Cheers,
Will

Just a little warning.
Single button setting is fine, unless you add small children.
One hits a button and off goes the alarm. Just something to be aware of if you have rug rats :D

Sponsored Links
Just a little warning.
Single button setting is fine, unless you add small children.
One hits a button and off goes the alarm. Just something to be aware of if you have rug rats :D

Cheers, lucky I live alone, so will be no issue for me.

Thanks for the heads up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back