CCTV System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Started my new project installing a CCTV system, setting up the cameras & DVR seems reasonably OK not tried the LAN stuff yet, I am tackling one problem at atime.

Now the system is working on a monitor, I now want to try and send the CCTV pictures to all the TV's in the house. What I have done is made a cable up BNC - RF Coaxial this is then connected to a RF modulator, the cable out is then connected to my aerial booster, via a t-piece connector, when I try to tune the TV's in they do not see the signal.

There are 8 dip switches on the back of the modulator I have tried a few of them but with no joy

Firstly have I done everything correct?

If so does anyone have a suggestion on how to set the dip switches there are loads of permutations, the gear is in the loft and I could be ages trying all the various settings

I would welcome some help?

SafeDave

Sponsored Links
buy a digital modulator eg ezmod by pecan.are you scannig on analog ?

Not sure, all I have done is taken the BNIC Video Output straight into my Maplins Modulator, I can just about get the test signal from the modulator, but very poor quality. When I remove test signal nothing, should I use a BNC to scart connector or just swap the modulator for a better one?

1, your connections are bad
2, Use search on here for the correct modulator/splitter

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back