Accenta/Citadel G4 alarm PIRs not working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My neighbour was burgled at the weekend and his alarm was attacked.

The RKP and one PIR were ripped out.

I have replaced the PIR and the keypad the system seems to work but none of the PIRs are active (no red light) there dosen't seem to be a fuse that covers the PIR circuit, they were illuminated after the alarm was attacked. I replaced the PIR and keypad whilst the system was live.

Any ideas where to look for the fault?

Regards,

Jon

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

There is power to the alarm system and the PIR circuit dosen't appear to be protected by a fuse.

Regards,

Jon

There is power to the alarm system and the PIR circuit dosen't appear to be protected by a fuse.
The fuse to protect the PIR supply will probably be on the PCB of the control panel and may not be easy to see.

It is unlikley that there is no fuse for the PIRs as without a fuse anything or anyone who shorted the PIR power leads together would effectivelyremove power from the control board thus rendering the panel in-effective.

Sponsored Links
If it is an Accenta then the fuse is F4 and very obvious to find.
But just looking at it isnt a test.

Hi,

Thanks all, yes it was a fuse. Tested them all with a multimeter on the board it was labelled F3 13v/speaker.

All up and running now,

Thanks again.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back