RS485 Query; Samsung SCO-2080 to Geovision

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've Geovision 8.4 and a Geovision GV-NET card. The NET is rj11 to USB.

Am I right in thinking if I run the RS485 from the Samsungs, to the GV-NET, I can control the on camera OSD?

This is what I was hoping to do, I'm just struggling to actually do it.

OR... Have I got RS485 completely misunderstood, and it's simply for PTZ?

Sponsored Links
The Samsung cameras I've used can have the OSD controlled by the coax (Pelco Coaxitron) and RS-485 (Pelco P). See what it says in the manual for your camera.

RS-485 only describes the physical layer, and PTZ doesn't prevent the use of other data being present on the bus.

Sorry RS OSD control is possible, but I think not with the Geo card.

Sponsored Links
How software savvy are you? GeoVision offer an SDK on their website to create plugins to run alongside the GeoVision software.

The GeoVision card is simply an RS485 bridge so you could develop a plugin to change OSD settings.

How software savvy are you? GeoVision offer an SDK on their website to create plugins to run alongside the GeoVision software.

The GeoVision card is simply an RS485 bridge so you could develop a plugin to change OSD settings.

Not at all unfortunately. PHP is about my limit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back