Dell laptop studio 1555 cd stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, ive just spent all sunday morning trying to get a stuck cd out of the mrs laptop,obviously shes not happy.i think ive put the cd in upside down.
there is just a slot,no ejection button or little hole to poke a paper clip in.
There is what looks like an eject button next to F12,but it doesnt do anything
Going into the media player,it says theres no cd in the drive,or its a format thats not recognised,but even if the format isnt recognised,surely ther must be a way of getting a cd out.
Anyone know how to get the disc out before i throw it out of the window?
TIA

Sponsored Links
turn the laptop over and look for a panel which is over the disk drive, open it, you should be able to access the disk drive from there, if you can, remove the drive, if you can't then take a photo of it open for me and post it here i'll talk you through it step-by-step.

Have you tried opening My Computer, right clicking on the cd/dvd drive and clicking eject?

Sponsored Links
When you turn the laptop on, try pressing the eject button immediately - before Windows tries to read what's inside the drive. [I think it's next to F12 and it's orange?]
It may be the split second needed to eject it.

Homer

Found this on the Dell Community website:

Homer

The Studio 1555 goes with a slot drive. So there is no manual way you can remove the CD, unlike the older ones, where we could use a paper clip.
If the CD drive is not getting recognized follow the below steps.

Click Start, and then click All Programs.
Click Accessories, and then click Run.
Type regedit, and then click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

In the right pane, click UpperFilters. You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only.
If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 8.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
In the right pane, click LowerFilters.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
Exit Registry Editor.
Restart the computer.

If the drive gets detected, then open up My computer, and right click on the CD drive and then eject.
If the drive does not get detected, contact Dell technical support to have the drive replaced

Well i eventually got it out,the disc must have not gone in properly when inserted, i took the battery out,looking for any hidden button,but when i refitted the battery,it made a noise from the disc drive,then displayed all the files i had on the disc,i was then able to eject it....so i had put it in the right way!!
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Back