Wiring a smoke alarm system into a Texecom Premier 48

no outputs from panel to text/speech dialer eg digi outputs 1=fire 3= alarm what do you have connected ?
Yes 1=Fire 2=PA 3=Alarm
When the Aico smoke sensors activate the alarm system I get message from output 1 & 3 on the speech dialer.

Sponsored Links
Anyone able to advice how to sort this so I just get the fire message?

Allocate another output for fire and test that.
Although I feel you have a "short" somewhere as both inputs should not "fire" ( Sorry about that) at the same time with different programming.

Try removing the 3 (intruder) for a test but have a meter on it and watch what happens.

Was going through your sugestions "Alarm" then I realised that the problem was that output 3 was actually programed as "44 Internal Alarm" & not "00 Alarm" so changed it to "00 Alarm" & all is working fine now.

I thought it was a matter of something pretty simple, but not something that I should have noticed myself from the start, not looking forward to my phone bill now with all the unnecessary testing to my mobile.

Just one other question
I notice that there is also "61 Intruder Alarm"
what is the difference between "Alarm" & "Intruder Alarm" as I was wandering whether output 3 should maybe programmed as Intruder Alarm instead of Alarm.

Sponsored Links
As I have stated before, Texecom isnt my panel of choice but workon it and have a fair understnding of it.
Looking at the book of words I cannot see the difference in 00 and 61 apart from a slight wording difference.

Industry standard makes output 3 "alarm" and output 7 "confirmed"
So I would suggest leaving alone as it works fine now.
Adrian from Texecom could give you better advice as he works there and either knows far more then myself about their systems or knows people that do.
I can only advise from my own experience with the systems from Texe.

The difference is that 00 will activate ANY intruder alarm, 61 will activate only and intruder alarm, and not a Tamper

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back